Creative Olympics 2021
Creative Olympics is a charity event based on the game Minecraft, and aims to succeed the famous MineAthon. The goal is to have several teams from different countries compete in areas such as build, redstone systems, and even on PvP. Each match will be broadcast on Twitch and spectators will have the possibility to make donations to the association of their choice in order to be part of the jury and have access to servers offering various activities.
This is the trailer of the past year event. A new one is coming soon!
Beginning of the event:
July 18, 2021 – 18h UTC
End of the event:
July 25, 2021 – 22h UTC
Support the event
Please contact us if you want to be a sponsor, a streamer or a partner.
Teams will be composed of 4 to 6 people (6 recommended, to compensate eventual absences). They will have to participate in a few games, two per day, in addition to the construction of a final map during the whole week.
Please check the FAQ below if you want to join our event!
Every team will have to participate to some minigames everyday. These games will have all teams competing at the same time, and points will be awarded based on the final standings. Points will count double for Sunday’s tournaments.
Several games are planned, but of course we keep the surprise for you! Just be aware that they will last about two hours each, and there will be two per day.
Players will have to create a map in one week (from Sunday evening to Saturday evening) on a given theme and with datapack, resource-pack and construction constraints.
At the end of the week, once the maps are completed, they will be evaluated by donors and staff members, and will count for half of the final score.
The event will take place over a week. A first opening ceremony will take place on a Sunday (probably July 18) at 18:00 UTC and will conclude the following Sunday at the same time.
- Opening Ceremony
- Presentation of sponsors and charities
- Announcement of the theme and constraints for part 1 (map creation)
- Pyrotechnic show
- Rest day, hurray
- Tournaments* again
- End of the maps contest
- Tournament Finals*
- Closing Ceremony
- Golden Guardians ceremony
- Announcement of winners
- Pyrotechnic show
*Check details in “components” tab
Competitors will compete in two different ways:
- First part: Creating a map in one week, in parallel with part 2. This map must be playable and must involve all disciplines. A theme as well as one or more constraints will be imposed. They will have to all be returned on Saturday evening.
- Second part: Some tournaments, not to evaluate the ability to create, but the ability to fight against other teams and win different types of games, in a much shorter time frame. Games types will be disclosed a few minutes before each match. See above for other info about them!
All day long, streamers will be invited to present various programs such as:
- Tutorial/Answers to questions about creating resource-packs, builds or datapacks
- Matches between teams made up of spectators and/or participating teams if they wish to train
- The official matches between our teams, if they are also donors
- Presentation of involved associations and sponsors
- The public will be able to access some 24/7 servers as well as community events organized by the various event partners. Nevertheless, a large part of the 24/7 servers will be reserved for donors.
- Goodies will be distributed throughout the event, via mini-games or giveways.
- They will also be able to watch the matches live and will be able to download the creations of the different teams to discover them in more detail.
- People who have made a donation of at least 1€ will have, during the event, access to private servers hosting visit maps, mini game maps and build maps (limited in number of players).
- They will also be able to rate the creations on Sunday in order to determine a winner. This will give them the opportunity to influence the outcome of half of the event!
- They will also benefit from the advantages linked to their donation, offered by the association they will have selected.
How to join as spectator?
How to join as participant?
You can participate in a team with 4 to 6 members (6 very strongly heavy highly recommanded). Be carefull, it won’t be a picnic. You will have to make a map and participate to serveral matches in ONE week. It will be stressful, like… e-sport tournaments. So you’ll need an ironclad mind, boundless creativity, hight strategic acumen and plenty of soda if you plan to win.
How to join as streamer/partner?
What are the deadlines for registration?
How to use my own server for the event?
The event will offer the possibility to the community to contribute by offering a special activity on a private server. We will provide a plugin to limit access for donors only. You will have the possibility to install this plugin to encourage people to make donations
If you want to contribute, please fill out this form:
The Creative Olympics event doesn’t come out of nowhere. It succeeds the formerly known MineAthon. Here is a short nostalgic video of what the MineAthon managed to accomplish before its fall. We will do our best to pick up the torch and try to go even further!