Gunivers provides logistics, advice and a community of more than 450 members to help create community projects and events. All this is done through a program of project affiliation, event or team/community! So, if you affiliate your project/event/team/community, at your request, we offer you:
- A Minecraft server (or other game among our library)
- Access to a remote machine (VPS or web)
- A dedicated Redmine space for the complete management of your project.
- Media coverage of important news from your project/event/team/community
- Permission to ask for help from creators of a particular domain on our Discord
- Quality follow-up on your project/event
- Advice on how to organise the project/event
- Improvement/optimization tips
- Help to protect your creations
Note: It is common for projects to venture among us in the idea of completing their team, to see it created from scratch. In these cases, it is rare for Gunivers to meet these expectations. We can provide logistical tools, advice or even active support on an ad hoc basis, but we have no control over our members. Keep in mind that the vast majority of our members are not actively looking for projects, and are students or employees, so have little free time. Thus, the answers you get will depend directly on the enthusiasm that will result from the project you will present. If you are looking for members who are involved for long periods of time, we strongly recommend that you do not rely on our community.
Also note: We do not accept requests for server projects. The reason for this is that server projects are generally too unsustainable and require considerable resources for an often mediocre result. However, if the server project is a professional project, Gunivers may have to agree to intervene by subcontracting on certain tasks.
For any requests regarding a professional project, preferably contact us via the #contact lounge on our Discord server, or by email (don’t hesitate to raise us if you don’t receive a reply)
If you’re reading this, you want to achieve something and so you’re creative! We love creative people! This page explains how to present your project so that it is powered by our network!
Où et comment ?
First of all, go to our Discord in the living room #contact, that’s where it’s going to happen. After thinking in detail about your project, and drawing up a little specifications, you will need to create a post containing:
- A title: Potato for example. Go to the simplest with a short title, simple to pronounce and if possible related to an aspect of the project. This name can be changed later anyway 😉
- A presentation: Explain what it is (purpose, why, how etc.) in a few lines. If there is a reference to something that exists, specify it.
- Special feature: Explain in a few lines how this project distinguishes similar projects (originality, achievement challenges or other).
- Participants: Tell us how many people are involved in this project and, if possible, their nicknames.
- Your expectations: Tell us your needs for Gunivers. This will give us a better idea of how to help you.
- Advanced (optional): If the project is already underway, please specify what has already been done.
- Charge book (optional): You can attach a specification (link or file). It’s not mandatory, but it’s serious (especially if there are lots of graphics), and we like. More seriously, a specification allows us to get a clear idea of the project and proves that you are doing things seriously.
There is no point in going into detail, 2 to 3 lines per part is more than enough. If necessary, the Guides will ask you questions in order to have additional information. If your presentation does not comply with this format, the post will not be validated.
Once the project is submitted, it will be studied by the project member or members who will accept or reject it (the bad guys). The project will then be judged on several points:
- Originality: An essential point, we don’t like compliant copies of other projects, we want diversity so make your imagination work! 🙂
- Motivation: No need to present a project if you are not motivated more than that by its realization …
- The specifications: If your project holds up, it’s good. If it is thought, thought and planned in every detail, it’s better!
- The complexity of realization: We like ambitious projects, really. If on the other hand you have cracked your underpants and the project is really too complex and/or ambitious, well … calm down and think about it calmly with a good herbal infusion.
- Our resources available: If we have too many projects in progress and no one is available, no one will be able to take care of your (logical). He will either be placed on a long waiting list or refused. The latter criterion also involves not submitting a project if you are on it alone.We help you propel your projects, we don’t do them for you😉
Like the project presentation, go to our Discord in the living room #contact, this is where it’s going to happen. You will then need to introduce your team/community and attach a portfolio and a link to your Discord server (or other if you use another platform).
If your team/community is accepted, you will have access to everything we offer to the pure affiliated projects each of your businesses. On the other hand, you agree that project managers or event organizers will call on your team/community if necessary, and respect (if applicable) the affiliation conditions.
All projects (and events) that you wish to affiliate with Gunivers will be subject to these 6 rules. These are simple, fair and equitable and a breach of one of these rules will result in a permanent ban on our network.
Warning: these rules can be scary at first glance but they are essential to ensure the smooth running of the network and the respect of its members while leaving a very large number of freedom. If you have any questions about these conditions, please contact a Guide on our Discord.
First of all, know that Gunivers was created with the aim of promoting free and free creation. We take Minecraft as a creative platform and not as a business tool.
Thus, from the aim of favouring free projects, we will impose a 50% commission on all the gains generated by the project, regardless of the assistance provided by Gunivers during its development. However, this commission is not applied to winnings donated to charities. If your project requires financing or involves remuneration, they will have to go through an association or professional bank account and we will ask you for regular account statements. If you do not have an association or professional account, you will have the opportunity to go through Gunivers accounts to finance your project.
When presenting the project, the credits must be clearly indicated before the download button or link. These credits must be composed of:
- Project Manager and Designer: The project manager and designer must distinguish themselves from other names in any way, unless they refuse this distinction.
- Members’ name: Each member must have at least his nickname displayed. You can then clarify its role or other information and organize the list as you wish.
- Team name: If the project was carried out with teams outside Gunivers, these teams should be mentioned. Preferably, try to make the connection between the members and their membership team.
- Gunivers: The community that participated in your project, a mention of his name in the credits is the least of things 😉
There can be no “credit piece” in a presentation video, article or other. If a member is quoted in one place, the other members must also be quoted in that place. However, you may be forced to credit a name without being able to make a list. In this case, you will have to credit only the designer (the person behind the map concept) and the project manager.
The most common case is the presentation video containing “video made by MrX”, without mentioning the creators of the product that this video presents.
Here is an example of a credit presentation:
Map made by Time4Play – HexionTM teams
Project powered by the Gunivers community
LeiRoF: Project Manager, Designer, Developer and Builder
We especially thank the HexionTM team (now Erisium) for their participation in the construction of the arena map.
By default, you will have to credit each member. However, if an external team is involved in the project, the team may wish to be credited only on behalf of the team and not individually as was the case in this example. At that time, a small message of thanks is welcome.
A completed project must be validated by the Guides. We reserve the right to refuse publication of the project if it does not meet its primary objective (which is why it was created) or if it does not achieve an acceptable level of quality.
Rest assured, this happens very rarely because projects are often well supervised and receive a lot of help 😉
In the case of a refusal, you can then choose to continue and improve the project so that it is accepted (no limit of attempts, we assume that it is by failing that we learn). You can also choose to publish the project independently. If you choose the second solution, you will be prohibited from proposing new projects within our network.
Some elements will need to be added to your project before it can come out publicly:
- Some members of the community allow the community to live by donating, advertising or otherwise. They must be thanked at their fair value. To do this, you agree to include in your project a minimum of 5 easter eggs or other means of reference to their effigy (which we call GuniEgg).
- These 5 GuniEggs will be requested by a team member. If you don’t receive any requests from GuniEgg, then you don’t have to put them on, it’s as simple as that!
- You can also make your own GuniEggs in addition to the requested ones. If you do, we will make sure that a GuniEgg is dedicated to you on someone else’s project 😉
The project manager will have access to a trade show dedicated to members with responsibilities within the community. This exhibition will give you access to most of the information about Gunivers’ activities. We will ask you to do the same on your server, ie at a minimum:
- A show that can broadcast Gunivers’ major ads
- Give Gunivers staff reading access to the workrooms so they can track progress and advise or help you effectively.
Gunivers members such as the project manager will be required to keep the information obtained in these workrooms secret unless this information has been made public beforehand.
Projects will also have to show some activity in order not to be considered abandoned. To do this, we strongly recommend that you hold at least one meeting per month with all members of the team in charge of the project. What emerges from this meeting can also be published on our Discord to allow you to increase your visibility and inform our members of the progress of your project.
In case the project has a Discord server, the latter must follow some basic rules (again, these rules are very basic, free to you behind to add your own rules). These rules will have to be presented in a salon in which will also be a link to our Discord.
These rules are:
- Staying kind in all circumstances
- No promotion for a project involving any remuneration
In addition, the news will have to go both ways. A trade show will then have to allow a Guide (or Gunibot if you agree to invite it) to post ads about Gunivers.
As you can see, most of the things we ask are very basic things. The reason for this is that we are a free community and do not impose any constraints on its members. As a result, it is impossible for us to predict how many people will be available to help a project or even how much time they will be able to devote to it. It is also possible that for technical reasons, we may not be able to provide you with sufficient support to carry out your project, in which case we will notify you, as much as possible, when applying for membership (which is why it is important to specify what you expect from this affiliation). It is therefore quite possible that Gunivers is not of any help on an affiliated project. That is why we do not impose any binding conditions. However, by affiliate your project, you agree to meet these conditions, no matter how much help Gunivers receives.
Realize one of our concept
The concepts presented on our website allow any designer to recover and realize them. However, some rules will have to be followed. The project will have to be carried out in the same way as an affiliated project: Gunivers must have control over it. In addition, upon its release, the project will have to be considered as an original Gunivers project (which is in no way incompatible with mentioning the members and teams participating in the credits).